Poko has been shortlisted as finalists for the Free From Skincare Awards 2022 in three categories and the team are delighted to share the news! Now in their eleventh year as the only official ‘free from’ cosmetics awards, Poko have scooped up three nominations with the following categories:
- Poko Brightening Rosewater Toner in ‘Toners, Waters, and Spritzers’
- Poko Soothing Serum in ’Face Care (Leave on)’
- Poko Hempsoriasis Balm in ‘Problem Skin’
Held annually in late winter with winners selected on July 19th, the awards welcome skincare brands that are excelling at providing ‘free from’ alternatives to the market due to health issues, sensitive skin allergies, ethical and environmental efforts, religious specifications, or personal preferences.
Hundreds of brands are screened, with only a handful selected for each category picking only the best of the best.
Why ‘free from’?
Poko cares about creating products that offer alternatives to those with specific needs and wants. This can range from some people who have allergies to common skin care additives or particular preferences. Not forgetting practising as a vegan and cruelty free brand, Poko’s absolute mission.
To sum up, Poko wants to:
“Keep Poko products cruelty-free”
“Make every Poko product vegan friendly”
“No harmful ingredients in our products”
“Change the way people think about their skin”
“Make skin care products for everyone”
“Provide products for problem skin”
No wonder they became finalists with flying colours!
How does it work?
Late July, we can expect to see industry experts, beauty writers, brand owners, and cosmetic formulators make the final judgement calls on who receives Gold, or several Silver or Bronze awards.
Judges expected to take part this year include;
- Galina Achkasova-Portianoi journalist, brand consultant, and editor of The Curiosity Gap
- Free-from expert and long-time psoriasis sufferer Sue Cane
- Natural skincare blogger and eczema sufferer Sarah Coleman of Sugarpuffish
- WhatAllergy expert writer Ruth Holroyd
- CEO Marina Kozlova of Fais Botanicals
- Co-founder of Odylique Abi Weeds
- Beauty Bible books joint-editor and beauty expert Sarah Stacey
- Beauty journalist Sara Niven
- Agency owner and brand consultant of Skin Insight, Kirsty Mawhinney
Where can I stay updated?
Media coverage is to be expected in the run up to the concluding announcements on the Free From Awards 2022 social media and website, with results being shared on Twitter and Instagram on official Free From Awards accounts.
Look out for #FFSA22 for posts related to the awards to stay updated, or wait to be updated via Poko’s social channels on the 19th of July. Now to eagerly await the results. *fingers crossed*
For more information visit the Free From Skincare website.